We are pleased to announce the recipients of our scholarships for this school year, these are
awarded each year by our Post, Auxiliary and partner VFW. The recipients are; DeClan Ells, Jack
Burley and Hailey Hayes. Hailey is also an 18-year member of our Auxiliary. Her post high
school plans include studying Art Studio with a focus on earning a BFA in Art Education.
We are proud to support the youth of our community!
We are also pleased to announce our member Ray Torres has been selected as the Monroe
County Legionnaire of the Year. Ray, and his wife Ann, have done a tremendous amount of work
at our post supporting veterans and our programs as well as helping residents who need
assistance shopping and getting to doctors and other appointments. Ray and Ann will be
leading our Memorial Day Parade as Grand Marshalls.
Our longtime Auxiliary member, Kacy Friedler, will be installed as the new Monroe County
Auxiliary President in June. Kacy has done tremendous work supporting our community and
will now be helping other posts do the same.
Congratulations to Zone B, Deputy Sheriff Christopher Beh. Deputy Beh was selected as our Law
Enforcement Officer of the Year. He was nominated by his peers in recognition of his hard work,
commitment, and many years of service to our community. We are fortunate to have officers
with the professionalism and dedication as Deputy Beh.
Our Friday Fish Fry’s will be wrapping up in May and will resume in the fall. Our Tuesday night
dinner is expected to resume shortly and our popular monthly Sunday breakfast buffets
continue. Please keep an eye out for our events in the Penny Saver, our webpage and our sign
out front or give us a call to find out what’s happening (585-334-8228).
We appreciate the support of our town leaders and all in the community who support our
veterans’ organizations that work out of our post. The American Legion, The Veterans of
Foreign Wars (VFW), Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Blue Star Mothers.
Currently the post houses or allows use of the building and grounds to the following groups.
Rush-Henrietta American Legion Post 1151
Sons of the American Legion
Auxiliary of the American Legion
Users of the facility at no cost:
• Cub Scouts
• Girl Scouts
• Disabled American Veterans (DAV), they help veterans apply for benefits
• (we provided our small meeting room to them when they were displaced at the VA on Calkins
• Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
• Blue Star Mothers
• Henrietta Fire Department Union
• Local military recruiters – they use our hall to train orient new recruits before basic training
• Monroe County Honor Guard – they perform over two hundred military funerals each year.
• Local TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) 2 groups
• Veterans Business Council
• Veterans Memorial Council
• Red Cross blood drives
• Use of the hall for funeral events for members, veterans, and families.
• Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation (annual fundraiser)
• Pluta Cancer Center yearly fundraiser
• 2 AA groups
Past Users of the facility:
• Bikers Against Child Abuse
• Military Retiree Luncheon (we are too small for this group to meet)
• Several churches in the area started at our facility.
Groups we support or have supported in the past
Military History Society
Veterans in need
Buffalo and Erie County Naval & Military Park
Youth volunteer of the year
Toys for Tots
A meal and More
Flagging Veteran graves
Youth Fishing Derby
Financial assistance for local families
Rush-Henrietta Are Food Terminal
Veterans Outreach Center
Rush-Henrietta Athletic Association
School of the Holy Childhood
Canandaigua VA Hospital
Memorial Day Parade and activities for Rush and Henrietta
Boys and Girls State
Nursing Home Visits
American Legion Baseball
Kicking Hunger 5k